One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dave Chappelle's "Block Party"

I went and saw Dave Chappelle's "Block Party" this past weekend. Filmed in 2004 during the height of Dave's career with Comedy Central, the movie is a documentary about the block party/concert he organized in Brooklyn, NY. He invited all the musicians he would've wanted to see live and had them play. What an awesome thing to be able to do! I would love to throw a block party with the bands I liked. What a dream come true! The musicians were mostly hip hop artists (ranging from Kanye West to The Fugees), which I don't necessary appeal to, but I found this movie highly entertaining and the music was well performed. I only wish they showed more scenes with the white folks he dragged from Ohio to see the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home