One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Friday, October 14, 2005

Let's get cooking!

I finally got around to taking a cooking class that Kevin bought for me for Christmas. I chose to take a 3 hour class on Chinese Appetizers. I learned how to make egg rolls, won tons and crab rangoon. My favorites were the won tons with their fresh ginger flavor and of course, the crab rangoon. I found out that preparation for the egg rolls takes a ridiculously long time! Simpler is better in my opinion. I think i'll make the won tons and crab rangoon sometime, maybe for when I go home for Christmas! Below is the quick and easy recipe for the crab rangoon.

Crab Rangoon:
Ingredients:
1 package won-ton wrappers
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 pound chopped crab meat
3-4 stalks of green onion, chopped
3 dashes of garlic salt (or powder)

Directions: Mix ingredients together thoroughly. Place 1/2 - 3/4 tsp in each wrapper. Fold over and seal with water. Deep fry in oil over high heat until light brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Serve with sweet & sour sauce. Makes about 60-70 pieces.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home