One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Monday, January 23, 2006

"The Devil Wears Prada"

After being recommended to read this over a year ago, I've finally gotten around to going to the library to pick this novel up. I was told before I read it that this book would remind me of a certain boss I used to work for. And sure enough, the similarities are there and I think that helped me enjoy this book a whole lot more, knowing that I know what it feels like to be that dumped upon assistant. I really enjoyed this book and all the stories of ridiculous tasks and assignments that Andrea, the assistant to Miranda, had to do (and quickly) to appeaser her boss. I loved that she abused the company to help others (the Starbucks coffee was great) and that at the end, she sold all those high end designer clothes so she could work as a free lance writer. Great story, quick read.

Up Next "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt. Another recommended novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home