One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"How to Lose Friends & Alienate People"

This book, by Toby Young, was a rather hard book to swallow. I just couldn't feel sorry for this guy! As a journalist from England, he was given the opportunity to work at Vanity Fair in NYC. He basically squandered his chance at getting somewhere all because he didn't' know how to deal with himself around celebrities. He was constantly trying to meet famous people and other high end of society people (whoever that may be). I just couldn't grasp his situation and didn't know half the people he was talking about. I guess that's why I didn't like this book and couldn't finish reading the last few chapters. I just don't care what famous people are doing or what they're wearing or where they vacation. Someone who does care about that would probably enjoy this book. I, however, did not.

I'm now reading "The Bookseller of Kabul" by Asne Seierstad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home