One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lots to talk about!

I have a few things to mention here today. I'll start off with my quick book review of "Barrel Fever" by David Sedaris. This is a collection of short stories and essays. I must say, this is the first collection of stories I've read since high school! I'm not really into reading this kind of work but I was not disappointed! David Sedaris writes a great story, particularly "Seasons Greetings" and "Santaland Diaries." Both are great stories about the holidays that are guaranteed to get you smiling. I enjoyed this book and read through it fairly quickly. I plan on reading more of his books in the future.

Next up: "High Fidelity" by Nick Hornby.

Item 2: Softball game last night....we won! Not because I helped any! I went 0 for 5 at the plate and didn't get a chance to field any balls in Left Center. So useless! Every time, I hit it to the short stop in one way or another. Granted, I did get 1 RBI and managed to get on base once due to a fielder's choice, but that doesn't count. Very disappointing.

Item 3: I HAVE CABLE TV! After a 3 year hiatus from cable, I now enjoy the likes of 70+ channels in my very own home, and for free! You're probably wondering how I'm getting free cable. Well, when I moved into my apartment they said we got free basic cable. I found a cable channel guide and only 10 extra channels were included so I wasn't upset when the cable jack in my apartment didn't work. Yesterday I resigned my lease for another year and asked about the cable thing. Apparently, there are 2 cable jacks in my apartment. The one that works is hidden behind the curtain and I never noticed it, not for an entire year! So, last night I plugged in the cable cord and viola! Cable TV! Needless to say, I'm a huge dork for not having asked about this earlier. But now I can watch cable TV from the comforts of my own home! I love it!

Vacation countdown: 3 more days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home