One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Monday, July 25, 2005

Now that was fun!

So, I'm back today from my vacation to Holland, Michigan with the family. Good times were had, lots of food eaten, lots of booze drunk. Got a nice tan and a little sunburn and a whole lot of mosquito bites! I was the only one inflicted with a ton of bites all over my feet, legs and arms. I'm still itching today! Grrr.....

Overall, had a good time being with the family and getting to spend more time with my nephews and my grandma, who, at 89 years old, may not be with us much longer. I have to say the highlight of the trip was body surfing in the 6 foot swells on Lake Michigan on Monday morning. Great fun without that salty sea water!

Of course there was lots of reading done over the week. I finished three books. "High Fidelity" by Nick Hornby (novel), "A Death in Vienna" by Daniel Silva (spy thriller) and "Ciao America!" by Beppe Severgnini (memoir of an Italian in Washington DC). All great books, all very different styles/genres. I plan on reading the latest Harry Potter soon, but I should probably re-read book 5 before I do that. But, I'm also reading "I'm Not the New Me" by Wendy McClure. This last book was recommended and borrowed from Jacinta...thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home