One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Nathaniel Philbrick

So, I made it to Powell's for the reading last night by Nathaniel Philbrick. A much different and smaller crowd showed up for this reading promoting the new non-fiction work "Mayflower: A Story of Courage, Community, and War." This event turned out to be more of a lecture with a side of reading and a very short q & a afterwards. Even so, his lecture gave a small glimpse of the book's main topic, the Pilgrims and King Phillip's War. I know relatively little about this time period in history so i'm looking forward to learning more. I am thoroughly convinced to get his latest adventure in American History. I've enjoyed his two previous books, "In the Heart of the Sea" and "Sea of Glory." Mr. Philbrick is a very intelligent and a delight to listen to. I wish I lived on Nantucket Island!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home