One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Monday, June 27, 2005

Dragon Boating!

So this weekend my friend Jacinta asked me to learn how to paddle. I said sure, I'm up for new things. We had practice Saturday morning on the river in downtown Portland and then were able to race in the World Beat Festival in Salem. This has to be the best workout I've yet to find. It's mostly upper body strength but your legs get a work out too! Not to mention the great cardio work out you get from paddling at full speed for 3 minutes. Doesn't seem like a long time until you try it! My back is killing me today but it was well worth the experience of trying something new. I don't have pics since I didn't bring my camera but the link above will tell you a bit about the festival we paddled at. Good times!

Countdown to vacation: 17 days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home