One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wedding Weekend!

This past weekend Kevin and I flew to Chicago for my friend Becky's wedding. After our flight got cancelled Thursday night we decided to gorge ourselves on Sushi by going to Todai. We thought somehow that would take away our sorrow after having spent 3 hours on the runway and then having the flight cancelled altogether. Friday we woke up super early to get to the airport to try and fly standby. The standby thing didn't work so we took our rescheduled flight to Chicago.

We got to Chicago in the afternoon and my sister picked us up to make the drive to Becky's house. Along the way we were able to eat Poor Boy's sub sandwiches. Man, I miss those things! The sub shop we used to go to in PDX closed so we are again sandwichless. We made good time getting to the hotel, even after stopping at Culver's for some custard. The usual rehearsal and rehearsal dinner went off without a hitch. I even got to sign the marriage license! sweet!

Saturday the girls and I got pedicures and our hair and makeup done. Made it to the church on time and had a great wedding. The reception was fun and I got to see my parents, sisters, and grandma. Drank too much though and that caused some problems.

Sunday was brunch and then driving back to Chicago to hang out with my nephews and to meet up with Jeff. We also got the precious Mickey's for lunch. Sweet, sweet cheese fries. Oh man, so good.

To top off our trip our return flight reservations were cancelled due to Thursday's mishap. Luckily they were able to rebook us right away and we even scored exit row seats! Got home late on Sunday evening wishing the weekend was just a little bit longer and that work didn't start so early on Monday. I'm still trying to catch up on all the lost sleep.

Overall, I'm glad I was able to make it, even though our flight was delayed. I still got to see my sweetheart roommates from college and hang out with my family. Pics to follow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something Heather didn't expand on is the pathetic customer service of American Airlines. Yes, that's right, American Airlines. After sitting on the plane for 3 hours, there were no gate agents around to help the stranded customers. All they handed out was a freaking piece of paper with an 1-800 number! Wow, don't go out of their way or anything. Ridiculous! And to top that, when we arrived at the airport the next morning, they had 3 people at the check-in line for about 100 people. Needless to say, it took over an hour to get through the line, which made us miss the opportunity to get onto United's early flight to Chicago. American Airlines just made the list.

8:40 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home