One Sweet World

Not so important posts about a married couple living in Baltimore.

Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

Friday, June 10, 2005

"The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"

After much delay, I finally got around to reading "The Two Towers." I meant to read this long ago, before the movie came out. Obviously, I'm slightly delayed. Now that I've read the book, I will much more appreciate the film. The book is very good, I think better than "Fellowship." I felt that the movement of the book was constantly going forward and the plot was more exciting. The movie has followed the book roughly 75% of the time (or at least that's what I think). There are a few things that are different or left out, but overall, the basic story was not compromised. I enjoyed reading this 2nd book of The Lord of the Rings trilogy and plan to read the 3rd book soon, just not right now.

Next up: recommendation from Jacinta, "The Namesake" by Jhumpa Lahiri.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home